KRAV MAGA PRINCIPLES
Hello! In this article I would like to describe you the Krav Maga principles:
- Use always natural and reflexive defense: what is a reflexive defense? For example when a child wants to protect his/her face against some insect. In Krav Maga we start from this natural and reflexive movement to develop the defense techniques. For example 360° defense.
- Make defense and counterattack at once. This means don’t make a defense and then an attack but do them simultaneously (same time).
I think a lot of you have heard these two principles already. But don’t you think they don’t match together? How can works reflexive defense and attack at the same time? They can’t because defense and attack at the same time is not instinctive! Let me try to explain it…
When you are in the street and someone wants to attack you with the knife,
- if you have seen the attacker and the knife so you can analyze the situation and use your Krav Maga technique: defense and counterattack at the same time;
- if the attacker surprises you with the attack you have not time to analyze the situation and you have to use your instinctive movement to protect yourself immediately and grab his hand.
Now try to think about what we call in Krav Maga the “timeline”:
- the attacker is for example at 20m from you: you can run and escape!
- the attacker is 5m close to you: you have to do one step and kick him!
- the attacker is 1,5m close to you: you have to do 360° defense and punch him!
- more the attacker is closer to you and more you have to adapt the defense to the situation.
It is simple to see that the two Krav Maga principles match together inside the timeline!
The point is: a lot of people in Krav Maga train for the 95% of the time on defense and counterattack at the same time but in the street the 95% of the cases are surprise attacks. In these cases you have to use only your natural movements and not the conditioned ones. So my suggestion is to train both kind of situations.
For more techniques and tips to improve your Krav Maga, I invite you to follow me on my YOUTUBE channel
where you will find different tutorials like this.
Moreover, if you are a social guy you can also follow me here:
And you can also subscribe my newsletters here
Everything you want to know about Krav Maga can be found on my pages and if you don’t find what you are looking for, feel free to contact me and ask me your questions at the following e-mail address:
I will be honored to answer you with my suggestions and my teachings.
Yes, even teachings because if you are far from me but you would like to improve your Krav Maga with me you should not be discouraged because I thought about this too: through my online Krav Maga Academy I will be your instructor at any time. From your computer, tablet, smartphone you can contact me and train with me. Do not you believe it? So go here to see:
We’re going to meet! Every month, every week, every day or even every single minute. Whenever you’ll decide to play my Krav Maga videos. It will be just you and me, you will be my student and I’ll teach you all I know. We will be together in my Dojo or during worldwide courses. With our new system you’ll have instant access to all our Krav Maga contents everywhere at anytime in high definition full download or streaming.
On your smartphone, on your tablet, laptop, PC or television whenever you’ll decide to train I will be right here for you. We will exchange on every subject or topic and this will be available for you from now on. You’re going to learn, you will be tested, I will personally follow your progress until you’ll be completely certified through all our Krav Maga rank certifications from yellow belt to black belt as well as Krav Maga instructor certification.
I also invite you to visit our online store where you can find several interesting Krav Maga articles: books, DVDs, accessories, etc. they are waiting for you with interesting costs
So see you at the next video and I recommend you: if you liked this video please share it and if you did not like it please let me know your comments and your doubts and I’ll be happy to answer you!
See you soon.
Alain CohenFollow us in social media